How to Avoid the Cons and Make the Most of the Pros to Stock Trading Online
As with most things, most of the cons of stock trading online can be minimised, while most
of the pros can be maximised, if you exercise careful planning. To do, this you need to ensure:
1. You read the terms of service of the online broker carefully.
2. You need to do a comparison between brokers to see what services they are offering and whether or not
they will be useful to you.
3. If you think you are going to need to the services of an investment advisor, regarding the best way
forward for both your investment strategy or your stock portfolio, make sure you either see an independent
investment advisor (who can help you out with this – for a fee), or you open an account with a brokerage firm that
offers this service.
4. To avoid any complications with learning how the online stock broking software program works, sign up
for an online training course to learn all about the basic jargon used in stock trading, how to read a stock chart,
what technical indicators mean. Because you may not understand the system, doesn’t mean you cannot learn!
5. If you think you may have problems with your technology at a crucial moment, for example if your ISP
service is sporadically down, then make sure your brokerage company accepts telephone instructions to buy and sell
6. Once you have spoken with your investment advisor about what goals you want to achieve with your online
investment program, be disciplined and stick to your investment plan. Do not hesitate to use your exit
strategy as previously set out.
7. Check that the services being offered by your online broker include real time stock market prices.
8. Make sure that you are only dealing with the online broker and that the online broker will not be using
the services of a third party service provider.
9. If you think you are going to need to trade on multiple stock exchanges, make sure the online broker you
sign-up with has the capabilities to accommodate your needs and exercise these different stock exchange stock order
10. Finally, never investment more in the stock market than you can really afford. Always remember
that your investment is subject to the risk that it may go down as well as up. However, this still holds true
whether you are using the services of a real life broker or an internet stock broker.
… And finally
Without a shadow of doubt, the creation of the Internet, and with it online trading, has afforded people the
opportunity to trade stocks where previously no such chance existed. Moreover, in exchange for this
opportunity, investors are not charged overly high rates of commission.
Nevertheless, to ensure that the risk factor with Internet stock trading is kept to its absolute minimum, all
educated investors will need to make sure that they stay well informed of what is going on in the market and will
need to learn all about the different investment strategies – both in their preliminary form and also as they
We recommend you to take a look at Online Trading for Financial